St. Peter School was recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School. St. Peter's was one of 50 private schools nation-wide to be recognized as "Exemplary High Preforming." To qualify for the award, standardized test scores in the areas of reading and math need to be in the top 15 percent across the nation.
In addition to exceptional test scores, in order to obtain the Blue Ribbon award, programs and practices are required to be well above ordinary. The programs and practices that further distinguished St. Peter School include
- Clear vision and focused mission
- Challenging, up-to-date curriculum
- Safe and orderly learning environment
- Frequent monitoring of student progress
- Attention to time on task
- Effective home-school communication
The ambition of the St. Peter School community is to always reach higher. The award reflect a commitment to high standards and climate of high expectations; the outstanding dedication and talent of the faculty and staff; and the positive work ethic of the students.