A strong partnership between families and the school is an essential component of a quality education. In order to foster relationships among parents, students, faculty and staff, the St. Peter School Home-School Association (HSA) organizes events to bring together members of the community.
HSA-sponsored events include:
- Moms’ Night Out Happy Hour
- Bingo Night
- Winter Ice Skating Social
- Celebration and Auction
- Mardi Gras
- Trivia Night
- Back-to-School Picnic (Grade 8)
- Cookies with Santa (Pre-K & Kindergarten)
- First Communion Reception (Grade 1)
- Grandparents & Special Friends Day Reception (Grade 3)
- Field Day BBQ (Grades 2 & 5)
- Confirmation Reception (Grade 6)
- Rose & Graduation Ceremonies (Grade 7)
- End-of-Year Movie Night (Grade 4)
MONTHLY TEACHER APPRECIATION
Each month during the school year, parents supply lunch, treats, and other “thank you” gestures for teachers, faculty, and staff. Room Parents will collect funds by grade—beginning with Grade 8 in September.
Volunteer Hours: The minimum-required commitment of volunteer time is 15 hours per year for two-parent families and 7.5 hours per year for single-parent families. School-wide volunteer opportunities are published in The Rock each week, and class-hosted event volunteer opportunities are distributed via email from Room Parents.
Fees: Upon annual enrollment/re-enrollment, each family pays $50 per student in TADS, which is used to put on the Class-Hosted Events. Additional fee and donation solicitations include monthly teacher appreciation gestures, Amazon Wish List items at the beginning of the school year, and tickets/expenses associated with off-site events.
Looking for new ways to get involved? Have feedback for us? We want to hear from you! Please reach out to us at HSA@stpeterschooldc.org.